Text Search

CODA by Cadence 2018

CODA by Cadence 2018

£25.00 Ex VAT

The nose is fairly explosively black cherry, black raspberry, and spice. These appear on the palate in waves of deep flavors that utterly belie its status as a second wine. The fruit stays fresh and focused, buoyed by the fresh acidity we kept by picking early. Coda exceptional depth and structure build through the long finish, ending with substantial fine tannins that show the class of the three vineyards from which it was selected.

What’s Cool
Why we think this wine is awesome!

CODA _ _ :)
Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot

Number of cases produced
Our producers only make a small amount of
each wine – these wines really are unique


American Viticultural Area, like a sub
region of designation, Calistoga, Rutherford etc.

Red Mountain
Red Mountain County

Vine Age
Age of the vines that the wine is made from


What the wine ages in and how long

New French Oak

Where was the wine was physically made


We offer free delivery on all of our wines anywhere in Mainland UK. Our wines are dispatched and delivered in 2-3 days.

If you have any further delivery queries please visit our delivery page. Or for more general queries see our FAQS.


coda, n. a. A music passage of more or less independent character introduced after the completion of the essential parts of a movement, so as to form a satisfactory conclusion, b. The second label of Cadence winery. The home for barrels not essential to the estate or vineyard blends.  Another exceptional vintage for Coda! The new Coda label image is four pieces of hand-set movable lead type set in a two line printers bar ready for inking and printing. When printed with sufficient pressure this type creates a beautiful letterpress emboss that is the epitome of the printer art.

Variety Pick Dates Average Ripeness Merlot 5 September 12 September 25.1 Brix Cabernet Franc 13 Sep 22 September 24.7 Brix Cabernet Sauvignon 5 September 22 September 24.8 Brix Petit Verdot 13 Sep 16 September 25.1 Brix Barrel Composition: 45% New French Oak medium and medium+ toast: Primarily Taransaud withDarnajou and Sylvain, remaining 55% second and third fill from the same cooperages. Final Blend: 37% Cabernet Franc, 29% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Petit Verdot Final Chemistry: 14.6% ABV, titratable acidity 6.0 g/l, 3.70 pH, 32 ppm free SO2 at bottling Bottling: Bottled April17th 2020, 850 case production Release Date: 12 May, 2020


There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

buy wine on line illustrative vine yards with mountains
buy wine on line Californian beach scheme in deep orange and blue

Tasting Room and Curation Space

The Oxford Union, Frewin Court, Oxford, OX1 3JB

Join us at the 67 York Street
14th to 17th September

Cool Places. Cool Wines.